Primary East's Headlines 3
Contains information about what is happening at Primary East, plus CPD offer for Autumn 2017.
Louise Clark, strategic lead of Primary East been appointed as Lead Advocate of the Chartered College of Teaching. This role will see me represent and spread the word of the Chartered College in the local area. The Chartered College is the new professional body for teachers providing membership, professional development and the Chartered Teacher programme
What is the Chartered College?
We are the new professional body for teachers, there is currently no independent body that represents the teaching profession. We aren’t a union, we are a membership organisation that looks at what works in teacher’s classrooms and provides scholarship/CPD routes for teachers to become even better. We are launching a Chartered teacher programme as well as fellowship, for teachers who want to be further challenged and deserve the recognition they deserve for being a brilliant teacher. One of our primary aims is to arm teachers with evidence informed practice. What this means, is no more fads. What works in the classroom? Imagine, what would the future look like if teachers were doing what they knew made an impact on pupil outcomes. The potential is great and an opportunity we as a system cannot miss out on.
Feedback from our CPD offer 2016-2017 overwhelmingly positive
New to Headship:
- 'An amazingly supportive learning process. A saving grace in a full time role!'
- 'This has been the most useful of all induction training. It has enabled me to reflect on all stages of my first year and has directly impacted on my practice. Forming professional relationship with other first time heads has been strongly fostered by the delivery and style of the sessions.'
- 'This 4 day course has been a life line in my 1st year as HT. Please consider offering this course to future HT's so that they also feel the benefit and have this support.'
- 'Brilliant support and essential to have that network to discuss school life in a 'safe' environment.'Business Managers' Forum:
- 'Excellent session to discuss SBM issues and enjoyed Ventas Energy input.'TA Conference:
- 'I had no idea what to expect and it opened my eyes to various techniques I/we could use in class, and ideas I could pass on to my colleagues. The training has given me inspiration to further my TA experience and knowledge.'KS2 Expectations in Maths:
- 'I gained fantastic ideas and have come away from the lessons and tried them in my own class. The children have loved them!'
- 'I've been given great ideas for planning and activities for reasoning, understanding and fluency in Maths. I have already been able to implement ideas into my lesson which have been greatly appreciated.'NQT Induction
- 'A super session with lots of great ideas. Very well communicated.'
- 'Great ideas that I can use in my classroom tomorrow and well into the future.'
- 'A very professional session, full of useful tips and delivered in an engaging style.'
- 'This was amazing! Lots of practical ideas and things I can adapt. Great to see the progression through calculations.'Making Maths Matter Outside:
- 'An encouraging and postive experience, good to look at the fundamentals the children need and ways to engage in maths outside.'
- 'The course has given me lots to think about to implement in school. Teaching maths input outside. Developing open ended resources.'Headteachers' Conference:
- 'Really enjoyed the day - very refreshing and informative.'
- 'A really powerful message from John that schools are doing a great job! We need to celebrate the positives!'
- 'A well organised and interesting day. John Atkinson facilitated a good conversation and has given me much food for thought.'
- 'Great day - inspired and ready to go!'Raise Online;
- 'Very detailed. Related very much to my school. Know exactly what I need to do now.'I can spell it:
- 'Welcoming, informative useful activities, approaches and pedagogies.'
- 'Some good activities to take back to the classroom with some food for thought ideas when planning for children with poor working memory.'SEF writing in 15 hours:
- 'Having the structure, exemplifications and expertise on hand has been exceptionally helpful, useful and reassuring.'
- 'This training has been invaluable. I'm leaving with a SEF that I am now proud of - happy to share with my Govs/staff and any other visitors. It tells the story of our school and how passionate we are about our children and their outcomes.'
- 'It has been really great! The support we have had to get the SEF completed is fantastic - it would not have been possible on my own. I had a tricky SEF to write and feel confident I have achieved my aim.'
Primary East's... New to Series...
A new academic year and a new challenge....
Primary East are putting on a series of New to training including;
Previous NQTs have said...
'A super session with lots of great ideas. Very well communicated.''Good reminders of strategies previously used but forgotten.''Great ideas that I can use in my classroom tomorrow and well into the future.''A very professional session, full of useful tips and delivered in an engaging style.''This was amazing! Lots of practical ideas and things I can adapt. Great to see the progression through calculations.'
Suitable for newly qualified teachers, it consists of 4 full day sessions.
Session 1 - Behaviour for learning, developing relationships and engaging learners- 29/9/17 Beyton
Session 2 - Quality First Teaching (QFT) in Maths - 20/10/17 Stowmarket
Session 3 - QFT in English reading/writing inc planning- 29/11/17 Stowmarket
Session 4 - QFT in the Foundation subjects and Career Progression- 7/3/18 TBC
As part of this series you can attend NQT network meetings. This will be an opportunity to discuss general practice, share ideas amongst fellow NQTs faciliated by an experienced teacher. These will rotate round schools to see good practice 4pm - 5.15pm drop in.
Cost £400 for all 4 sessions and networks
£600 for 2 NQTs from the same school
£120 per delegate per day
Previous attendees said...
This is a two day course with one key priority – you will leave the course at the end of day 2 with a completed self-evaluation , fit for the purposes of presentation to governors and, if necessary, Ofsted.
Friday 15th & Monday 18th September 2017
Thurston Sixth Form Centre, Beyton Campus
£350 per school for up to 2 delegates
Feedback from Nigel's training sessions
“Nigel is simply inspirational! I have already led 2 very successful training sessions. Brilliant resources and a fresh way of thinking.” - Primary Headteacher
“Well delivered. Excellent presentation style and variety of skills. Balance of humour and seriousness.” Primary Headteacher
“Nigel was a dynamic speaker who reminded us of key elements of best practice and gave us many opportunities to consider how we might each use these." - Reception Class Teacher
This one-day workshop for school leaders will provide you with a range of communication tools and techniques to enable you to deal with challenging interactions and conflict, give postively impactful feedback and confidently hold courageous or 'fierce' conversations.
Thursday 12th October 2017
Venue - Simonds, Diss
Cost- £100 per delegate
What previous attendees say about the day...
“I feel inspired and motivated to spring into action” School Business Manager, Primary
“An excellent day – thanks Bob, we are going to be the best funded school in our region” Primary Head
“At last the fog has been lifted” Assistant Head, Secondary
Led by Britain’s leading bid writing specialist Bob Jennings OBE, this practical interactive training day will equip you with all the skills and knowledge you require to write successful funding submissions.
Thursday 5th October 2017
Venue - Thurston Sixth Form, Beyton Campus
Cost- £180 per delegate
Developing Painting and Drawing skills with Rob Howard
Rob Howard, General Advisor for Art and Design in Cambridgeshire, will be running 3 half day workshops for us covering Painting, Drawing and Assessment, H&S and the role of the subject lead in Art.
Tuesday 10th & 31st October & 14th November 2017
Venue - TBC (Diss Area)
A series of half day sessions to help prepare schools to promote the good practices that are happening here in the East. When Ofsted calls being prepared and promoting the positive elements of your schools is key in achieving the outcome you deserve.
There will 3 rounds throughout 2017/18
Venue - Thurston Sixth, Beyton Campus & Gislingham